We are pleased to introduce The Learning Lab at VMPS!
The Learning Lab is a solution for parents with students in Grades 1st - 6th who will not be attending traditional public school this year.
Our vision is to provide a high-quality educational environment that is both nurturing and flexible, which consists of a close-knit classroom environment and an individualized online learning curriculum. We will strive to implement facets of our core curriculum each day, those being The Montessori Method, Balanced Literacy, and Christian Values, (as always, it is a family's choice to participate in Christian education activities).
The Learning Lab will utilize the following online learning platforms: South Carolina Connections Academy (SCCA), Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Remote Academy (CMS), and Fort Mill Virtual Academy (FMVA), depending upon where your child is registered.
Dedicated learning coaches will work with students 1:1, and in small group formats, to reinforce core subjects and complete their online assignments. Students enrolled in The Learning Lab will participate in Village Montessori provided enrichment in the areas of STEAM, art education, music and movement, outdoor time, and field trips.
The Learning Lab OFFERINGS
The Learning Lab is an academic year-long commitment* and will begin on the following dates:
- SCCA* - The SCCA school day is from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- CMS* - The CMS school day is from 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- FMSD* - The FMSD school day is from 7:35 a.m. - 1:40 p.m.
- Before and After School Care - Extended hours are available to all students for an additional fee.
Enrollment in the learning lab
At VMPS we are striving to provide our students with consistency and predictability. Our goal is to provide a classroom community where students can make new friends and interact in academic groups; where they can depend on one another and support each other during this unsettling time. As such, enrollment in The Learning Lab is an academic year-long commitment. We will continue to accept new students in The Learning Lab who are enrolled in their district's online program, space permitting.
To participate in The Learning Lab families must be enrolled with SCCA or their district's virtual school, AND enrolled with VMPS. Families who wish to unenroll from The Learning Lab in the 2020-2021 school year will still be expected to fulfill the financial commitment to VMPS for the full academic year. Students who unenroll from the Learning Lab at VMPS are not considered unenrolled from their district's virtual program, as those are separate enrollments.
It is for these reasons your commitment to VMPS would be for the full academic year:
- We have a small offering and space is limited, therefore, we are being selective about admissions to provide the most cohesive, peaceful and consistent school environment possible for the benefit of our students.
- We are committing staff and resources to our student families for the year and we ask for the same consideration. We have hired highly qualified, certified teachers and committing more resources to this program compared to our previous offerings. To be successful, we must have the financial commitment from our families to provide quality through the entire year.
- The school districts are requiring a one-year commitment for their virtual learning options.
- The Learning Lab is a unique offering with a different curriculum, schedule, calendar and discounted pricing compared to our preschool/childcare classrooms.
To enroll your student in The Learning Lab either full time or for the A/B schedule CLICK HERE
South Carolina Connections Academy
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Remote Academy
Fort Mill School District Virtual Academy